Last updated: July 2022
Standard BioTools is the Data Controller. This means that Standard BioTools decides how your Personal Data is processed and for what purposes.
» Types of Data and Collection Methods
Through the Site, we receive data that you actively submit as well as data that we track (“Types of Data Collected”):
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Site.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Site, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
- Professional Qualifications includes academic qualification, employment history, trainings, employment references and other information required for your job application with us
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we (can) combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
In processing your Personal Data, we pledge to fully comply with applicable data protection laws.
» Collection Purposes, Use and Legal Basis for the Collection of Personal Data
Most of the Site’s services do not require the collection of Personal Data, allowing you to visit our Site without telling us who you are. However, some services, such as requests for information, require the disclosure of Personal Data. We process Personal Data for specific and limited purposes, which we try to inform you about when we ask you for information. For example, we may collect and use Personal Data such as your name, organization, email, and other contact details in order to provide you with products or services or to communicate with you for other purposes. We may use your contact details to audit downloads of information from the Site and to make follow-up contact with you by email in relation to the material you have accessed.
Our Site may include community discussion forums and areas for comments. By submitting your comments in those forums or areas, you give us permission to use those comments for any of Standard BioTools’ business purposes.
Below please find a list of the Personal Data collected, how the Personal Data is used, and why we use this Personal Data.
- Information that you give us to make a purchase
- Information about the way you use our services
- Information when you communicate with us whether in person, through our Site or via email, over the phone, through social media or via any other medium
- Information provided as part of your account
- Information that we collect through your use of our Site
- Information that we collect from third party partners and corporate customers which could
- Information that we collect incidentally from other sources or public sources
- Information that we collect from individuals representing organizations
- Information that you submit as part of your application for a job
» Change of Purpose and Further Processing
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, to the extent legally required, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
» Data Retention
» Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
Standard BioTools will not sell Personal Data collected via Fluidigm.com or Standardbio.com to third parties outside Standard BioTools. However, Personal Data may occasionally be transferred to Standard BioTools Inc.’s affiliates and to third parties (who may be located outside your country) who act for or on behalf of Standard BioTools or in connection with the business of Standard BioTools, for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the data were originally collected. Where disclosure of Personal Data to a third party is likely or necessary for whatever reason, Standard BioTools will, wherever possible, endeavor to ensure that the disclosure and intended use of the data are clearly indicated. Such third parties may operate under different privacy policies.
Also, Standard BioTools may disclose the Personal Data collected (i) where disclosure is necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (ii) where disclosure would potentially mitigate Standard BioTools liability in an actual or potential lawsuit; (iii) where disclosure is otherwise necessary to protect Standard BioTools rights or property; (iv) where disclosure is necessary to protect the legal rights or property of others, including to protect the confidentiality or security of your Personal Data; (v) as part of a bankruptcy, merger, reorganization, or a sale of the assets of Standard BioTools, a subsidiary, or division; (vi) where disclosure is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, customer care, service quality, business management and operation, risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends and dispute resolution; (vii) where disclosure is necessary for us to provide it to our attorneys, accountants, regulators, auditors or other advisors; or (vii) where disclosure is otherwise necessary for us to disclose it as required or permitted by law.
Whenever we transfer your Personal Data out of your Country, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data by the relevant data protection regulator in your Country.
- Where we use certain service providers or send the data within the Standard BioTools Group outside your Country we may use specific contracts that are approved by or meet the requirements of the relevant data protection regulator in your Country. For example, (i) EU Standard Contractual Clauses by the European Commission, which give Personal Data the same protection it has in Europe (in accordance with article 46 GDPR), for more information on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses, click here ; and (ii) data transfer agreements or binding corporate rules which require the recipient to protect personal data to standards at least comparable to the PDPA.
- Where we transfer your Personal Data out of the EEA to Standard BioTools Inc. or to our providers based in the US, we ensure that adequate safeguards, as required under applicable data protection legislation, will be implemented (including, notably, the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, as applicable). If you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Data out of the EEA, please contact Standard BioTools' Data Privacy Officer, Evelyne Marino, at Fluidigm France SARL, 1 avenue de l’Atlantique, Les Conquérants, bâtiment Kilimandjaro, 91940 Les Ulis, email@example.com, Tel: +33 (0)6 49 59 44 77.
» Non-Personally-Identifiable Data and "Cookies"
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings of your web browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of Fluidigm.com, Standardbio.com or other websites that you visit. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org or www.cnil.fr (France), which include additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
Here are the types of cookies we use in addition to other information you should consider when accessing Fluidigm.com and Standardbio.com:
|Name||Type||Type of data||Expiry time||Purpose|
|cfduid||Performance cookie||IP Address||12 months||
|JSESSIONID||Tracking cookie||IP Address||At the end of the session||Used to keep user session. Standard BioTools does not store any personal information on the cookie itself, just the session id.|
|BIGipServerabbweb_apps_https||Performance cookie||IP Address||At the end of the session||Used by Marketo to distribute traffic to the website on several servers in order to optimize response times (load balancing).|
|fluidigmlogged||Tracking cookie||Logged in or not||At the end of the session||True/False flag if user is logged in to the Fluidigm.com or Standardbio.com website.|
» Standard BioTools May Also Employ Technologies Such as the following:
"Local Shared Objects," "LSO's," or " Flash Cookies" are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. These are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove them. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for LSO's or Flash Cookies http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/privacy.html
"Web beacons" or "clear pixels" are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
A "web server log" is a record of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
A "widget" is a program or application that can be embedded in a web page or mobile application. Widgets can provide real-time information, such as stock quotes or weather reports, or take information, such as online orders. Widgets are often provided and hosted by a third party, and may allow that third party to collect data about users viewing that page or interacting with that widget, possibly subject to privacy policies other than Standard BioTools’.
» Your Rights
You may have certain rights pertaining to your Personal Data, which may include access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection, and data portability. Below we set out certain rights in more detail. These rights are not absolute and your entitlement to such rights are determined based on your geographic location and limited by local applicable law.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days but have the right to extend this period with notice to you and charge you a reasonable administrative fee if the request is particularly complex or if you submit a large number of requests. If we extend the response period, we will let you know within one month from your request. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
- Access : you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your Personal Data and, if we are, you can request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request") and information about the ways your personal information has been used or disclosed in the year preceding the request. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Please note that to help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
- Correction : you are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you is corrected.
- Erasure : you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data in certain circumstances. It may not always be possible for you to use this right if, for example, if it is still necessary for us to perform under an agreement we have with you or we need to keep the information by law or because of a legal dispute.
- Restriction : you are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your Personal Data, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Portability : you may request the transfer of certain of your Personal Data to another party. To help with that you have a right to ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format to another company.
- Objection : where we are processing your Personal Data based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) you may object to processing on this ground. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information based on our legitimate interests.
- Withdraw consent : where we are processing your Personal Data on the legal basis of consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications you can also click the unsubscribe link included in each e-mail we send you.
» What We May Need from You When Exercising Your Rights
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you have a complaint about the way we process your Personal Data, we request that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org tto allow us to solve the complaint. However, you also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in the Country where you live or work, or in the Country in which the alleged infringement regarding the processing of your Personal Data took place. A list of supervisory authorities in the European Union can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm . In Singapore, the supervisory authority can be found at https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/Contact-Page . In Canada, the supervisory authority can be found at https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/contact-the-opc/. In the USA, the supervisory authority can be found at https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security.
» Links to Other Sites
We follow generally accepted industry standards, including physical, technical and administrative measures, to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use generally acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Site is intended for a general audience, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products or services to children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using Fluidigm.com or Standardbio.com.
» California Privacy Rights
» Questions and Feedback
- For persons whose Country of Residence is the United States or Canada: Standard BioTools Inc., 2 Tower Place, Suite 2000, South San Francisco, California 94080, Attention: General Counsel, Tel: (650)-416-7410.
- For persons whose Country of Residence is within the EEA, or any other country outside of the United States, Canada or Singapore: Fluidigm France SARL, 1 avenue de l’Atlantique, Les Conquérants, bâtiment Kilimandjaro, 91940 Les Ulis, France, Attention: Evelyne Marino, Data Protection Officer, Tel: +33 (0)6 49 59 44 77
- For persons whose Country of Residence is within Singapore: Standard BioTools Singapore Pte. Ltd., 5008 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5, #08-08, Singapore 569874, Attention: Clarissa Chee , Data privacy Correspondent for Singapore, Clarissa.Chee@standardbio.com, Tel: + 65 6320 1616 .